[imp] One problem on new install...

Rick Stevens rstevens@publichost.com
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 13:35:53 -0800

Jon Newman wrote:

> Thanks to those that helped me yesterday with the folders issue. I figured
> it out.
>
> I decided that an install on the mail server would be better for my setup.
> After following the directions as I did last time I get the following error:
> Fatal error: Failed opening required 'db_mysql.inc'
> (include_path=''/usr/local/apache/phplib/:.'') in
> /usr/local/apache/phplib/prepend.php3 on line 19
>
> The file is readable by the webserver and is in that location. php.ini has
> the correct setting in it. I don't understand why it is complaining about
> it, it should be able to read it. Any ideas? Thanks.
>
>                         -Jon Newman.
>
> ---------------------
> Jon Newman (jnewman@oplnk.net)
> Systems Administrator/Software Engineer
> The Optimal Link Inc. (http://www.oplnk.net)

My guess is it's either in your httpd.conf or php.ini files.  In your
httpd.conf file, you should have a "<Directory>" directive for horde.
Inside that directive, do you have a statement like:

   php3_include_path ".:/usr/local/phplib:/usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde"

If not, you should.  In your case, where I have "/usr/local/phplib",
you should have "/usr/local/apache/phplib". You must also have this in
your php.ini file:

   include_path = '/usr/local/phplib:/usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde:.'

(replacing "/usr/local/phplib" with your "/usr/loal/apache/phplib").

Those are guesses.  Your mileage may vary.  Void where prohibited.
Any simularity to actual persons living or dead is purely accidental.
- Rick Stevens, CTO, PublicHost, Inc.        rstevens@publichost.com -
- 949-743-2010 (Voice)                     http://www.publichost.com -
-        Brain:  The organ with which we think that we think.        -