[imp] Sorting of messages

Roman Boba Roman.Boba@inseko.sk
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 19:45:23 +0100

Hi,

> Quoting Roman Boba <Roman.Boba@inseko.sk>:
>
> > I'm running IMP 2.3.6cvs. I'm logged in and let's say, I'm in my IMP
> > folder.
> > By
> > default, messages are sorted by date, oldest first,
> > so when I enter the IMP folder I see the oldest messages (page
> 1). Now, I
> > want
> > to see the newest message , so I click to sorting triangle. Now
>  I see the
> > desired page (again page 1). Now, I want to see to next page
> (2) of newest
> > messages, so I click next page . Huh, I'm on page 2,  but  it's
> second page
> > of
> > oldest messages . Feature or bug ? Or configurable ?
>
> I don't really follow you - if I'm on page 1 of my inbox, and
> click on the Date
> triangle to sort by date with newest first, and then go to the
> 2), I've got the second page of "most-recent" messages - the ones
> that came
> right before the first page, chronologically...

OK. and what if you now click back triangle , are you back on the page 1
"most recent messages" ?

On my web it works exactly I described, so it looks, like clicking (after
sorting most recent first) on next page triangle IMP starts again to sort
oldest first.

Roman

> -chuck
>
> --
> Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
> "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues

>From max@the Date: Tue,  2 Jan 2001 10:48:53 -0800
> On my web it works exactly I described, so it looks, like clicking (after
> sorting most recent first) on next page triangle IMP starts again to sort
> oldest first.

Do you have preference storage enabled? Can you verify that your preferences
are being saved?

--mk23