[imp] suggestions, IMP 2.3

rob@myinternetplace.net rob@myinternetplace.net
Sun, 07 Jan 2001 23:15:38 -0700 (MST)

Quoting Atif Ghaffar <aghaffar@developer.ch>:

>    The thing I miss in IMP 2.3 and 2.2.x is that I dont see my folders
>    and my mails simultanously.
>    I have been used to Netscape's mail client (except elm and mailx)
>    for most of my email's management.
>    With GUI clients I always appreciated the folders to be on the left
>    while I was reading, so I could easily manage my mails.

I like being able to view at a glance in the email client how many emails I have
in each folder, without having to explicitly take the time to click on each one
and wait for it to become the foreground folder.

> I hacked both imp 2.2.x and 2.3 to make them frames-capable and look
> like my
> desktop mail client. I would suggest to make both interfaces for IMP
> (frameless
> and framefull) and make that an option in the configuration file.
>
> If you want I can setup a test-site somewhere to demonstrate this
> functionality.

can we see screenshots?  I am pretty new to imp and don't know what differences
you are talkinjg about regarding frames and no frames.

rob

This mail sent through IMP: http://webapps.myinternetplace.net