[imp] Do I need horde for IMP to work?

Chris Harden chris@alcorn.com
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:42:08 -0500

Super.  Thanks for your response Mike.  I'll give installing Horde a whirl.
I appreciate your response :)
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Bull [mailto:mbull@uoguelph.ca]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 9:35 AM
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] Do I need horde for IMP to work?

At 07:11 AM 08/01/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>

>I am porting our site from an old UNIX server to a new Linux server.  PHP3
>is running on my box, but IMP is not.  I only copied from the old server
the
>directory containing the IMP files, and I found no mention of the Horde
>directory.  Do I need Horde to be running in order to have IMP work?

You need Horde for IMP to work.  Could the Horde files have been located
somewhere else and referenced by a symlink?

My suggestion would be to install Horde/IMP on the Linux machine.  Then,
install your current IMP setup overtop of the current one (I'm assuming
you've got local modifications, etc).   If you don't have a lot of local
mods, and your version is perhaps not that recent, now might be a good time
for an upgrade.

Version numbers would help me give you the best answer, but the above
should be correct for you.

All the best,
Mike.