move/copy emails to folders

rob@myinternetplace.net rob@myinternetplace.net
Mon, 08 Jan 2001 15:29:11 -0700 (MST)

A couple of suggestions for dealing with folders:

1.  I am assuming that folders within folders are really just directories on the
filesystem.  Is that correct?  Can I create subfolders of folder via the Folders
page?  It would be nice to be able to do this.

2.  When clicking on the drop down box to select which folder to copy/move my
email to, it would be nice to have a selection of "new folder", and when I click
on either copy or move, I would be prompted, either with a popup, or a form like
the folder management page.

rob

> 1.  I am assuming that folders within folders are really just directories on
> the filesystem.  Is that correct?  Can I create subfolders of folder via the
> Folders page?  It would be nice to be able to do this.

It depends on how your IMAP server works. If it supports them, then IMP does,
and you can create them.

> 2.  When clicking on the drop down box to select which folder to copy/move
> my email to, it would be nice to have a selection of "new folder", and when I
> click on either copy or move, I would be prompted, either with a popup, or a
> form like the folder management page.

I've thought about this, and it's not a huge priority for me, though I'd take a
patch (for 2.3).

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues