IMP Bug

David Richards d.richards@qut.edu.au
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:06:15 +1000

Hi,

I have come across a problem with IMP 2.2.3 where if the
'upload_tmp_dir' gets too many files in it (2039 when our problem
occured) the 'Attachments' did not work.

The symptom was selecting a file and pressing attach, caused the compose

window to regenerate and have no attachment and the message body be
blank.  A later symptom was the file would attach and when you pressed
'Send Message' the compose window would regenerate and no file or
message body
would exist.

My fix has been to create a cron job that runs every ten minutes and
cleans out any zero length files from 'upload_tmp_dir' and it all seems
to be working again.

Additionally, users were experiencing problems when replying to
messages, after I implemented
this fix, that problem went away also.

Thanks,

--