[imp] PHP4 + IMAP + MySQL

Clive McDowell c.mcdowell@qub.ac.uk
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 17:05:21 +0000

Folks,

in case it's of interest the problem was solved as follows -

1) The mysql.so and imap.so errors were caused by dynamic extensions
being defined in php.ini when httpd was built statically. PHP3 does
not report these errors which is what made me believe this was
causing the problem.

2) Removal of the extensions from php.ini stopped the errors being
reported but httpd still wasn't reading IMP's php files

3) After some rummaging in the mailing lists I discovered that one
needs the following 2 lines in httpd.conf to allow both .php and
.php3 files to be readable via httpd  -

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3

I could be wrong (having travelled in a couple of circles over the
last 2 days) but this isn't made entirely clear in the documentation.
Would it be worth adding a couple of lines to the IMP 2.2.3
installation notes?

Clive McDowell