[imp] IMP 2.3.6 / Horde 1.3.3 Installation Problems

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 12:54:49 -0500

Quoting Marc Clerc <mclerc@fissionweb.net>:

> All those module things are *REQUIRED* to run the newest version of
> IMP/Horde?  I don't have IMAP because my mail server doesn't support it, but
> it does support POP3, so I was planning on using that method.  I'll try to
> fix the gettext deal, and I'm guessing its in the php.ini file somewhere, I
> hope.

Not all of them. Gettext is required for all of Horde, and imap is required for
IMP. The imap module provides functions for accessing pop3 and nntp as well as
imap. But you should install an IMAP server if at all possible; pop3 simply
doesn't work as well for webmail.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues