showing headers

rob@myinternetplace.net rob@myinternetplace.net
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 16:02:18 -0700 (MST)

When I am reading email with imp the "Parts" header shows up empty a lot of the
time.  Why do we show it even though there aren't any parts?  If I get a chance,
I will try to look at the code for this, and either make it automagically go
away, or to have a user pref which says "auto-hide 'Parts' header".

On that same topic, how about a couple of user prefs regarding headers.  The
first one would be "headers_to_show", and the other one would be
"headers_to_hide".  They would be somewhat mutually exclusive, as follows:

1.  if hts is empty and hth is empty, show the standard headers.  (maybe have a
few checkboxes elsewhere for what 'standard' is)

2.  if hts has something in it, only show what is in there.
3.  if hth has something in it, show everything except what matches hth.

I am not sure that this covers all of the combinations of how hts and hts would
interact, but that is what I could think of right now.

rob

This mail sent through IMP: http://webapps.myinternetplace.net