2.2 and 2.3 simultaneous?

Donnie Barnes djb@donniebarnes.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 17:29:27 -0500

Apologies if this has been asked, but I'm curious if you can easily run IMP
2.2 and 2.3 simultaneously on the same server.

I've got a production server running 2.2 that I'm quite happy with, but I'd
like to try 2.3 (mainly for personal reasons as I'd like to move my mail over
but I need the procmail functionality of pre-filtering).  Ideally I'd like to
have <server>.com/mail/ as 2.2 and <server>.com/mail3/ as a 2.3 system that
could eventually be migrated back to /mail when 2.4 is released.

Can this be done relatively sanely?  Can users switch from one to the other
should they encounter problems with the 2.3 server?

--Donnie

--
  Donnie Barnes  http://www.donniebarnes.com  djb@donniebarnes.com  "Bah."
   Challenge Diversity.  Ignore People.  Live Life.  Use Linux.  879. V.