[imp] Feature request

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:50:35 -0500

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 12:04:48PM +0200, Andriy Kopystyansky (anri@polynet.lviv.ua) wrote:

> i dont think it is good idea to delete all messages at once. Something
> really important can be deleted.

The extension of that argument is that no mail agent should ever allow
mail to be deleted. One must assume that users *do* sometimes want to
do the things they do.

> Maybe you know, there is 'mutt' mail-reader for UNIX.

I'd respectfully suggest that those that want to use mutt will do so,
and that mutt's userbase and IMP's are very different.

> It allows to delete messages by user-specified pattern/behavior
> (e.g. you can delete all messages with subject 'Make extra $$$'.

This is a job for procmail or other mail filtering tools.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services