[imp] IMP/horde mysql failback ?

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 09:45:05 -0500

> hello ,
>
> short question :
>
> Are there any kind of code that support 2 mysql Db server ?

Quite possibly, but it'd be entirely outside IMP. You'd just have to
have every transaction (er, "\"transaction\"" :-) executed twice, plus
the hardware to know that one's gone out of the way. I imagine it'd be
more expensive than, say, buying Oracle. :-)

> ( if the 1.st fails than the second should be used .. )
> i have had 5 some mysql db failouts at the past 4 month with imp 2.2.X

Might I suggest using a more reliable DBMS? We've had good luck with
Postgres.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services