[imp] imp 2.3.x vs TWIG

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 00:09:20 -0500

Quoting John Bennett <bennettj@thebennetthome.com>:

> After having installed imp and TWIG, I am far more impressed with TWIG.  Many
> more features, some or most of which I think will be included in the 2.4
> release.

What features are you looking for, specifically? I've never used TWIG beyond a
glance, so I'm not qualified myself to make a comparison.

> And, to any of the imp developers, what is the feature set for imp 2.4?

Here's a quick shot at what's new:
- user-defined filters
- hierarchical folder tree
- many more user preferences
- spell checker that suggests alternatives, steps you through spelling errors
- searching of one or more mail folders

... that's the user side; I know that I'm missing some of the minor stuff, like
spam reporting, etc. From an admin side, the code is _much_ cleaner, more
moduler, better designed, probably faster, easier on the IMAP server (no
frames), it's easier to install (no phplib, no scripts, etc...).

That help?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>