[imp] imp 2.3.6 and server list

Robert Marchand robert.marchand@UMontreal.CA
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:33:00 -0500

Hi,

At 11:06 01-01-23 -0500, you wrote:
>On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 10:44:54AM -0500, Robert Marchand
>(robert.marchand@UMontreal.CA) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >         if I have time I will be glad to help.
> >
> >         As for the IMAP server, my sysadmin told me that we have U.
> > Washington IMAP
> > version 4rev1 v11.241, the one that came with Pine.  It may be an old
> > version. It works OK
> > with IMP 2.2.3.
>
>That is an older version, but I'm not sure how much older. In any
>case, that's certainly nothing to do with IMP, as UID is part of the
>IMAP standard.

Well, I understand it may be the standard, but IMHO it has to do with IMP
in the fact that
in one instance it work (in the general messages list) and in another (in
the search results) it doesn't.  Here I can ear users saying when I would
explained it is our old
IMAP server:  but It works when I do that, how can it be possible?

There may have been a good reason to use different methods in the two
cases.  I just signal the problem.  But It may also be that different
peoples wrote the two sections and in this case why not use the same method
at the two places?

Just my two cents.