[imp] Warning: Access denied for user

Tim Gorter email@teletechnics.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 19:54:30 +1200

> On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 06:52:26PM +1200, Tim Gorter (email@teletechnics.com) wrote:
> > Hi supportive folk,
> >
> > I have installed IMP and run accross a snag. My server is running
> > freeBSD O/S with PHP4 installed database is mySQL
>
> Which versions?

MySQL 3.22.32
FreeBSD 4.2
php4-4.0.3

> > The test.php3 of horde is running smoothly and I have also run the
> > test script for mySQL database explained in one of the help/faq
> > files and this runs smoothly as well.
>
> So you're able to establish a session in test.php3? (The per-session
> data counter increments with each reload?)

yes
and I am able to run a script (I named test2.php3) with the script as outlined
at
http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/trouble/index.php#t21

> > Warning: Access denied for user: 'hordemgr@teletechnics.com' (Using
> > password: YES) in /usr/local/etc/httpd/vhosts/horde/imp/lib/db.mysql
> > on line 153
>
> Okay, there's the error. (The rest is just noise caused by the above.)
> The user 'hordemgr@teletechnics.com' can't authenticate with MySQL.
> That trailing domain name strikes me as unusual, but I don't use
> MySQL. Double-check that it's using the right username and password
> and that you can access it with the command-line client.

the trailing domain name is my domain name (ie. teletechnics.com), it has
planted it instead of 'localhost' I believe.
the username and password are correct as far as I can see, I have set them
using the ./dbpasswd.sh script and checked at the command line by access the
mysql.
Also looking up the user tables (mysql) it lists hordemgr as a username.

I have attempted to restart the mysql database server, as well as totally re-
installing it from scratch (by removing it and all processes attached first).
This has made no difference at all.

thanks for the help,
Tim