Multiple imap servers, suggestion

Forrest Aldrich forrie@navipath.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:18:45 -0500

I suggest creating an additional table that would contain, on a per user
basis, a set number of imap servers that the user can configure for his
IMAP connections.

The user can configure which servers (passwords, etc) they want to interact
with (to some reasonable limit), and walla.

This could be selectable for the installation (ie: the paranoid can disable
that feature).

For IMP, this would require that someone authenticate with IMP first... and
this might not fit into the current model.  I think something like TWIG
might be better geared for this approach.   Thoughts?

_F