[imp] Multiple IMAP servers

Robert Marchand robert.marchand@UMontreal.CA
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:25:44 -0500

Hi,

     well there are few peoples like me who need access to more than one
account and
and the server list on the login page seems the right place to choose.  But
the new
scheme could also be a good thing for us.  Mail accounts here  are
separated in two groups: students and staff.  So basically, a person has
only one account and with the new IMP, he would be happy because he would
not have to select in the menu each time.

You see, in order to have no favorite, we add a false entry in the server
list (the one selected by default) that points nowhere.  If I understand
correctly, it would be better with
the new IMP.  With the current one, there are a lot of login errors.

As a suggestion, maybe there could be a 'no server selected' option in
which case IMP would go the users prefs and on the contrary would not
override when the user selects one.

Thanks.