[imp] imp 2.3.x vs TWIG

andrew morgan morgan@orst.edu
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 10:20:48 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Jeff Greenfield wrote:

> >> Am I the lone voice of dissent on this issue?
> >Not at all!  Remember all this will be strictly optional.
>
> I would never recommend this type of system for everyone either!  It
> seems to me that particular sites would find a single-sign-on mail
> client for multiple mailboxes quite useful.  Over this next summer, I
> once again need to meet with my group of users and discuss IMP 2.2.x vs.
> 2.4.x (given it's release status) vs. MailSpinner (a mail package that
> will be built into our newly purchased Portal, Blackboard).  In quick
> glance of MailSpinner, the feature of adding more than the default
> IMAP/POP3 mailbox, and have them show up in 1 folders listing is
> appealing for quite a few.

We are deploying Blackboard as well at our school.  Can you tell me about
some of the differences between IMP and Mail Spinner?  Also, it looks like
Mail Spinner is now Sendmail Mobile Message Server (try going to
www.mailspinner.com).  Is there a demo site out there somewhere?  I'm
awefully fond of IMP...

> >The rewriting would be to be rewrite the folders to something
> >like INBOX.Work.SubFolders and INBOX.Personal.SubFolders, for
> example.
>
> That would be the implementation I would work for.  Clearly separate
> folders, but all accessable within 1 client / login.

I would do this the reverse way: Work.INBOX and Personal.INBOX

	Andy