[imp] imp 2.3.x vs TWIG

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 16:59:57 -0500

Quoting andrew morgan <morgan@orst.edu>:

> I don't want to sound like the sky is falling, but I get worried when an
> intermediate system wants to save my password.  Is it that hard for me to
> type it in every time?

When we implement this kind of feature in Horde/IMP (saving info for multiple
accounts), it will always be an option - off by default - to store the password
(and even then, it'd be hashed against a value entered by the user, as
described by several people). There will always be the option to enter your
password as you access each account.

> On a somewhat related note, I don't understand why you would want to make
> several email accounts appear as one inbox.  If you really want them all
> to be the same final destination, why not set each one to forward the mail
> to a single account?  And if they are separate accounts, such as one for
> business and one for personal, wouldn't you want those accounts to appear
> separately in webmail?  I wouldn't want them mixed together in a single
> inbox where the two purposes could be confused.

I have to say that I agree with this perspective.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Entropy. It's what's for dinner.