Deleting 2 consecutive msgs...

giomau@mate.polimi.it giomau@mate.polimi.it
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:07:46 +0100

Hello all,

I found some strange behaviour on my installation of HORDE-IMP-
POP3 server about deleting messages, so I tried with the demo
server at http://demo.horde.org/stable/horde/imp/ (and then pointing
again to the same pop3 server as before). I obtained the same
strange behavior.

Suppose you have 3 msgs in your INBOX (the only folder permitted
by POP3 protocol).

Now read the first one and then cancel it without coming back to
the inbox. Everything is OK: msg 1 will be canceled and the
content of msg 2 bill be displayed

Now read msg2 and then delete it: bad! Msg 2 will remain on the
screen and msg 3 (which you never read!) will be deleted!

This way, you lose a message you never read! Your users will not
be happy when they discover this kind of behaviour.

It seems something goes wrong during the deletion of two
consecutive messages, without coming back to the inbox folder.

Has anyone using a POP3 server find the same bahovoiur?
Any idea and/or workaround (beside that of avoiding two
consecutive cancellations...) ?

Thx,
Giovanni Mauri
giomau@mate.polimi.it