more details on recent RH7 PHP4 IMP problems

David A. Golden dagolden@mindspring.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 14:21:19 -0500

I'm also using 2.2.3 and recently installed the patch to PHP for
RH7.  (4.0.4pl1-3) which appears to have broken the "send" part of the
compose script.  I've dug around to the limits of my pathetic programming
ability and have managed to figure out that the error I get when sending mail:

"Warning: Undefined index: Send Message in /var/www/horde/imp/compose.php3
on line 248"

is being caused by this expression:

$actions[$actionID]

because $actionID is coming back from the form as " Send Message" instead
of what it apparently ought to be, which is "Send Message".  In otherwards,
a leading space is being inserted.  I attempted to put a bunch of trim()
statements around $actionID in line 248, which does get it past that line,
but lots of other stuff is still broken after that.  It looks like other
fields being returned, such as $to and $subject also are coming back with a
leading space, which is screwing up the mail that goes out.

I hope that helps the real wizards zero in on and fix the problem.

Thanks!

David Golden