[imp] Horde / IMP on RH7.0 ??

Ken Price kprice@agentware.net
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:40:30 -0500

Mike,
Actually, no.  These are the RPMS I have installed:

FROM REDHAT:
apache-1.3.14-3
apache-devel-1.3.14-3
php-4.0.3pl1-1
php-imap-4.0.3pl1-1
php-ldap-4.0.3pl1-1
php-mysql-4.0.3pl1-1
mod_php-4.0.3pl1-1
imap-2000-3
imap-devel-2000-3
openldap-1.2.11-15
openldap-devel-1.2.11-15
mysql-3.23.29-1
mysql-devel-3.23.29-1
mysql-server-3.23.29-1

Then, from ftp.horde.org:
horde-1.2.3-1
horde-mysql-1.2.3-1
imp-2.2.3-1

The system RPMS from ftp.horde.org are not RedHat 7.0 friendly, they're
meant for a 6.x system.

Redhat's update ftp server (updates.redhat.com) is usually maxed out.  If
you're a RPM user, an incredible repository is http://rufus.w3.org/
You can search by package name or browse distributions.  This site continues
to grow in popularity so you may get a "maxed connections reached" when
connecting to the ftp site ... simply trying a second later usually gets you
in.

The trick to a Horde/IMP install is to be familiar with the packages you're
installing.  Know how to change the document root(s) in the Apache config,
know the basics of setting up and using mySQL (or whatever DB you decide to
use), how to install PHP from RPMS (or rebuild the RPM with DB support if
needed), etc.

The actual Horde/IMP install and configuration is incredibly easy.  Despite
the the Horde "crew" calling the installation difficult, their install
scripts, setup files, and documentation make the Horde segment of the
install effortless.

If you have trouble finding or downloading the RPMS needed, I can put the
above files (the exact same ones I used) on a private ftp server for you.
Just realize that several of the files listed are dependant upon other
RedHat packages being updated.

Hope this helps and that I haven't been too lengthy in my response.

Ken Price
AgentWare, Inc.