[imp] Adding fields to contacts - solved

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 23:27:00 -0500

Quoting Chen Shiyuan <csy@hjc.edu.sg>:

> Does anyone have any idea if this patch will be included in the 2.2.4
> release? It would be something good to have before switching over to
> using Turba in 2.3 ...

(please, trim your replies)

No, it will not.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Entropy. It's what's for dinner.

From: Ken Price <kprice@agentware.net>
To: 'Mark Chitti ' <mchitti@openworldinc.com>, "'imp@lists.horde.org '"
	 <imp@lists.horde.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 01:23:30 -0500
Subject: RE: [imp] RH7 Info Regarding php-4.0.3pl1-1

Yowzers, sorry about the /usr/bin/php thing.  I've never had issues with
anything I've gotten from rpmfind.net (aka rufus.w3.org) and don't quite
know what to say.  I've put some RPMS up on a FTP server for those who still
need the php-4.0.3pl1-1 rpms.

goto the following:

ftp://manchester.agentware.net/linux/horde_stuff/

php-4.0.3pl1-1.src.rpm
----------------------
This is the original RedHat source RPM - use to rebuild PHP to your liking.

RH7-php-4.0.3pl1-1.tar.gz
-------------------------
This is a tar ball containing the updated RH7 i386 RPMS for PHP (from RH)
version: php-4.0.3pl1-1

php-4.0.3pl1-1.tar.gz
---------------------
After R/R the defunkt php-4.0.4pl1-3, I couldn't get the mySQL module
working (php-mysql-4.0.3pl1-1) so I rebuilt the PHP package with mySQL built
in and a few other tweeks.  Works great for me, but use at your own
discretion.

Disclaimer of sorts:
Obviously, for those of you looking to implement the Horde/IMP solution in a
production-level environment, it is best to try these configs on a devel box
until you get a combination you're happy with and which fits your needs.
I've proven the packages I've suggested in my production environment and two
other with superb results, but it doesn't mean it's the best config for you.
If there's anything I've learned about PHP, it's that it really doesn't like
being installed via RPM if you want to do custom, well, whatever - and this
is more a RedHat weakness than a PHP one.  I highly suggest getting familiar
with rebuilding RPMS (rpm -bb) which fit your exact environment and needs.

-Ken