[imp] IMP Hangs

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:20:04 -0500

Quoting Momchil Shumackov <mshumackov@usa.net>:

> My server is under heavy load but both IMP 2.0 and 2.2 constantly crash. I get
> too many IMAP daemons and too many apache daemons they fill the memory and...
> BOOM!

Okay: IMP does not crash. IMP is a php script. PHP might segfault, causing
apache to crash, and your IMAP daemon might crash. But those are different
things.

> I have been tracking the problem - if I stop IMAP or Apache (when the server
> memory becomes full) everything becomes normal in some few seconds.

Either one?

> I have seen something similar in the Horde FAQ - it says IMP will crash if the
> $default->folders is not set correctly. Mine is
> $default->folders = 'INBOX.';
>
> Does anyone have an idea if that's correct?

It will work fine, though it will mean your users don't see any shared folders.

Maybe you just don't have enough memory?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"My intuitive grasp of math often leads me astray." -Me