a couple more observations about the problem with Red Hat's version of php4

Eric S. Johansson esj@harvee.billerica.ma.us
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:06:41 -0500

I'm running with Imp 2.2.3, browser is Netscape 4.76., database equals
shared memory

I saw the messages in the mailing lists archive describing problems with
php4 on Red Hat 7 systems.  I installed the test RPMs and they seem to be
working fine for the most part.  Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem
associated with saving drafts.  It's probably due to the fact that I'm not
using a database.  In any case, saving a draft sometimes works but sending
the draft seems to trigger a segmentation fault.

is this a bug or is it because I'm using the shared memory back end?

---eric