RH7 messages mailog missing reply window SNAFU

Mark Chitti mchitti@openworldinc.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:39:55 -0500

These symptoms appear to be a combination of several things.

1 ) Non-RedHat RPMs used in place of RedHat RPMs
2 ) horde.lib was in DOS file format.

I foolishly did not install one package at a time to know exactly which
RPM fixed it, though I think it is probably the main PHP that got it.
The only RPM I am running from the FalseHope Distribution now is
mod_php-4.0.3pl1-3.  I grabbed the RedHat version of
php-imap-4.0.3pl1-1.i386, php-mysql-4.0.3pl1-1.i386,
php-4.0.3pl1-1.i386.rpm.

The horde.lib conversion fixed some weirdness I was seeing with Netscape
6 partially drawing reply windows, but that may have been a result of
using non-stantard RH packages.

But anyway, that fixed all the wierd /var/log/messages and
/var/log/maillog  messages I was seeing.

Thanks again to Ken for the ftp

Oh BTW: Ken was nice and stuck all the RH7 rpms in a tarball called
RH7-php-4.0.3pl1-1.tar.gz