[imp] no new mail popups

Patrick Timmons ptimmons@courriel.polymtl.ca
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:58:06 -0500

Hi.

I'm using IMP 2.2.2 and I had a similar problem. I had to remove the OP_READONLY flag in horde/imp/status.php3:

-------
    /* If they want it, we can give them a "new mail" popup */
    if ($default->newmail_popup) {
      if ($mailinfo->recent > 0) {
        /* reopen the stream to the current mailbox */
        /* L'avis ne fonctionnera pas correctement si la boite est ouverte en mode OP_READONLY */
        /* imap_reopen($imp->stream, '{' . $imp->server . ':' . $imp->port . '}' . $imp->mailbox, OP_READONLY); */
        imap_reopen($imp->stream, '{' . $imp->server . ':' . $imp->port . '}' . $imp->mailbox);
-------

I had to do this because of the way our uw-imap pakage is configured. We use user quota and the inbox is in the
user's directory. Whenever a user logs on to imap in r/w mode, the contents of /var/spool/mail/`user' is transfered to
/mail/users/`user'/mbox which is the inbox for uw-imap. This transfer doesn't take place when the user logs on in r/o
mode. In horde/imp/status.php3, the OP_READONLY flag prevents the transfer from sendmail's `inbox' to uw-imap's `inbox'
which prevents uw-imap from notifying IMP of new mails. By removing the flag, the transfer can take place and uw-imap can
notify IMP of new mails and they lived happily ever after.

This modification has a problem though. On initial mailbox list display, two frames will try to open the inbox in r/w
mode and uw-imap usualy kills the first session when the second starts. I didn't get reports to this effect though.

Hope this helps.