spellcheck broken with mozilla 0.7?

Jason Wright peewee@scc.mi.org
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 20:40:59 -0800

howdy...

i'm running imp 2.2.4 + horde 1.2.4, upgraded via patches from 2.2.3 and
1.2.3, under 'Apache/1.3.14 Ben-SSL/1.42 (Unix) PHP/4.0.4pl1'.  the
webserver is debian linux on i386, if it matters, but i built
horde/imp/php/apache from source, not from the debian packages.

when i attempt to spellcheck a message using mozilla 0.7 + psm (the
tarball release, not something i built from source), i get:

===begin full text of spellcheck window

Warning: Undefined variable: message in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/imp/spelling.php3 on line 80

Warning: Undefined variable: spell_lang in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/imp/spelling.php3 on line 84
No Spelling Errors.

===end full text of spellcheck window

when i spellcheck the same message with ie 5.5 or netscape 4.76, the
spellcheck works fine and highlights several words.

for all three browsers, i did the following to ensure that i was
spellchecking the same message in each case:

        start the browser
        log into imp
        click on the only message in my inbox
        click on reply
        click on spellcheck (in english)

i have not tried with netscape 6 nor have i tried restoring my
1.2.3/2.2.3 install to a different directory and testing it.  i'll try
either one if anyone is interested.

thanks!

PeeWee

--
email: peewee@scc.mi.org - useless: http://www.scc.mi.org/peewee/ -  efnet: Pwe
by my clock, the world just ended. i haven't noticed yet but then i live in the