[imp] asking for an advice

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 16:03:15 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, william wallace <wwallace27@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am gonna install IMP in a Sun Solaris using this configuration:

To the excellent pointers already offered, I will only add the following:

I have found on my Solaris servers that I need to compile Apache modules
statically, rather than as DSO's.  (If you don't understand that, you'll
be reading the Apache docs soon and that will clear it right up for you.)
When I compiled Apache with dynamic modules, my server processes would
eventually all wedge until there was no one left to service incoming
requests.  I have since heard from at least two other people that they had
the same experience.

> Mysql 3.22.32

A security vulnerability (buffer overflow) was announced in the past few
weeks; attached is the one-line patch (which I haven't tested yet, but am
about to).

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>
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