[imp] IMP 2.3.7-cvs FROM field not being set in message composition

Steve Paraka sparaka@hotmail.com
Mon, 05 Feb 2001 13:08:29 -0500

>What value are you using for your fullname? get_from() calls
>imap_rfc822_write_address(), which should quote the personal info if
>needed...

this seems to be a pretty big problem... and i just realized it affects all
address fields.  I fixed the problem with the FROM field by hacking the code
and not going through the rfc822 method.  I don't know why this is
occuring... maybe it has something to do with the new methods being used in
compose.php from imp 2.3.7-cvs.... BUT, here's what seems to be happening.
Lets say that we have the following in either the FROM or the TO field:

John Doe <john_doe@site.net>

This won't be accepted.  It will return saying that the message could not be
delivered.  The solution to this problem is to have the FROM or TO field
look like this:

"John Doe" <john_doe@site.net>

Unless those quotes are surrounding the name, it will not send the message.
For now, I rewrote get_from() to get rid of the rfc stuff and just hack
together an address that works by surrounding $name with quotes and tacking
that on to the email address. Am I going to have to do this for the TO field
also or is there a quick fix that I'm not aware of?

You might want to open this as a bug?