[imp] IMP Session dropping instantly.

Ted M Harapat ted@mob.net
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 13:25:11 -0600 (CST)

Son of a .. !!

Somehow I had everything in there but the actual active_sessions table. I
could have sworn I added that table during setup. So upon adding that
table the sessions problem was resolved.

My bad. I must have clumsily removed that when troubleshooting a problem
with the initial setup.

And now it all seems to be in place. I just need to modify the templates
to my original IMP setup's colors and graphics. But thank you so very much
for the help... I must have reRTFM about 30 times but never checked the
actual DB and tables until now.

Wow.

Did you know an answer to my second question in my original email? The one
asking what the # meant in the

$default->error_level                    = 15;

line? Is that the syslog level? Or what does that pertain to?

Thanks again to everyone who responded.

-ted

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

> That was going to be my next suggestion; you've been pretty thorough.
> But just to confirm, from a shell on your IMP web server, you're able to
> connect using:
>
> mysql -h <db_server_name> -u <db_user_name> -p <db_name>
>
> and the password <db_password>, where all these db_* values are straight
> from defaults.php3?
>
> Also, the active_sessions table is set up properly in your database?
> (The command "mysqldump ... --no-data <db_name>" would show you the
> schemas, which should match those found in horde/scripts/database).  You
> could try to insert a row in active_sessions as db_user_name to make sure
> the permissions are right.
>
> --
> Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>
> Yahoo!: Brent_Nordquist / AIM: BrentJNordquist / ICQ: 76158942

>From chuck@horde.org Date: Mon,  5 Feb 2001 14:28:43 -0500
> And now it all seems to be in place. I just need to modify the templates
> to my original IMP setup's colors and graphics. But thank you so very much
> for the help... I must have reRTFM about 30 times but never checked the
> actual DB and tables until now.

Remember config/html.php3 - shouldn't have to change the templates much for
just colors.

> Did you know an answer to my second question in my original email? The one
> asking what the # meant in the
>
> $default->error_level                    = 15;
>
> line? Is that the syslog level? Or what does that pertain to?

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.error-reporting.php

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"My intuitive grasp of math often leads me astray." -Me