imp-2.2.4 logging in and ie5.5

Network network@network.shacknet.nu
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 01:01:39 -0500

Please see previous email "Subject: imp and logging in"
I still have the login problem as stated in my last message with the
following addition.  Below I am logged in with IMP.   (while in another term
window I have "tail -f /var/log/messages") I click on 'compose' --from the
'inbox'-- and the log file scrolls with the following;
Feb  6 00:37:19 tester imapd[42222]: Login failure user=
host=localhost.swahilie.net [127.0.0.1]
Feb  6 00:37:25 tester last message repeated 2 times

>From the log entry above, I notice there isn't any 'user=' value... should
there be one there and if I am already logged in why is the attempt being
made again?

With subsequent attempt of clicking the compose link as well as other links
I am presented with "page can not be displayed" message (same as in my first
email).  I have tried this on two (2) different machines with the same
results.  This happens to many times in a session.

All authoritive suggestions for solving this is most welcome -and- needed.

Date: Tue,  6 Feb 2001 01:20:52 -0500
From: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] imp-2.2.4 logging in and ie5.5

Quoting Network <network@network.shacknet.nu>:

> Please see previous email "Subject: imp and logging in"
> I still have the login problem as stated in my last message with the
> following addition.  Below I am logged in with IMP.   (while in another
> term
> window I have "tail -f /var/log/messages") I click on 'compose' --from the
> 'inbox'-- and the log file scrolls with the following;
> Feb  6 00:37:19 tester imapd[42222]: Login failure user=
> host=localhost.swahilie.net [127.0.0.1]
> Feb  6 00:37:25 tester last message repeated 2 times

Yes, there should be a username argument. It sounds like something is corrupted
somewhere - there was a bug in php's imap module that could cause this, and I'm
not sure if it was fixed before or after 4.0.4pl1. Also, what actual c-client
are you using (4.1 is just the protocol version)?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"My intuitive grasp of math often leads me astray." -Me