[imp] imp causes high load ?

Marius Strom marius@marius.org
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 11:20:58 -0600

I would assume it's due to the stateless nature of an http connection.
Keeping apache connected to the client to maintain the persistent
connection would be horrid in terms of scalability.  I may be wrong, but
I think that's the reason.

As far as Messenger being able to do it -- It's a client, not a
webserver.  See above reasoning. ;)