[imp] From line creation? (2.2.4)

Marius Strom marius@marius.org
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 14:56:17 -0600

IIRC RFC821 and 822 don't expressly disallow spaces.  However, using
escapeShellCmd() and bombing on a semicolon (and most other punctuation,
IMHO) would be a good thing.

Also, I've never actually seen the use of a space in an email name, so I
think in the issue of increased security at the risk of miniscule side
effects, bombing on a space would be good.  In that thread though, why
break one of the RFC's. (Let's not start that war again)

Perhaps a config flag change to alternate between these methods, heavily
commented stating that you will be breaking an RFC if you filter by
space?