IMP 2.2.x RPMs for Red Hat 7 available

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 15:18:24 -0600 (CST)

I've made Horde and IMP RPMs for Red Hat 7 available on the horde.org FTP
site (see below).  As of 2.2.4, the IMP RPMs will be built for both 6.x
and 7.x, with an "rh6" or "rh7" in the release field to distinguish them.
This is important because of the changed filesytem layout of RH7.  The RH7
RPMs are RPM v4 format (whereas the RH6 are RPM v3 as they have been).

Since these are new, I'm especially interested in feedback on how they're
working for you, dependency chain, etc.  I've tested them with PHPLIB
configured for shared memory, MySQL, and PostgreSQL, and all seems to be
working well.

	ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/RPMS/noarch/rh7/

Please start with the README file.  I would not encourage you to try to
update old (2.2.3 and prior) 6.x Horde/IMP RPMs using "rpm -U" with these
new 7.x RPMs... I think it would be a good idea to install fresh.  (Once
you have the rh7 ones installed, you'll be set; both the rh6 and rh7 RPMs
will be upgradable to newer releases of the appropriate type.)