[imp] RH7 RPMS

Blair Lowe Blair.Lowe@compeng.net
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:51:39 -0700

Not a stupid question at all.

Normally the source goes into /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES, and the specs
into /usr/src/redhat/SPECS.

We normally use  a ".rpmmacros" file in a non root account, and set
up our own tree in the non root user account.

Here is an example of the contents of a .rpmmacros file:

%_topdir        /home/{username}/src
%_timecheck     3600
%_signature pgp
%_pgp_path /home/{username}/.pgp
%_pgp_name Blair Lowe <Blair.Lowe@compeng.net>
%_pgpbin /usr/bin/pgp

You should read the maximum rpm document. One of the errors that was
in that document was relating to this .rpmmacros file and I am not
sure if they had fixed it yet.

Basically after you get the source code rpms, just run an rpm -ba
{filename} on the .srpms, and it will create the ".rpm" file. This
rpm file will be stored in the /home/{username}/src/RPMS/i386
directory if you use a similar .rpmmacros file, or in
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386 for a standard installation. That assumes
that you are using i386 architecture, otherwise the last part of the
path will be different.

At 11:59 -0500 2001/02/08, Chi wrote:
>I don't mean to ask a stupid question but has anyone used the Red
>Hat 7 RPMS that Brent put on the FTP server? When you run the
>horde-1.2.4-1rh7 and imp-2.2.4-1rh7 RPMS, what path do they install?
>Thanks.
>
>Chi

Computer Engineering Inc. http://www.compeng.net
Phone: 780 499 5687 (9 - 5 MST) Fax:   780 435 0693 (24 Hours)