Password lengh (char's)

Network network@network.shacknet.nu
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:08:02 -0500

One of the problems I was having has been narrowed down to the
allowed-password-length within the horde/imp login page.  If you remember, I
was logging in successfully as shown below;

Feb 10 02:48:18 tower IMP[33649]: Login 192.168.0.3 to tower:143 as pop
Feb 10 02:48:19 tower imapd[34057]: Login failure user=
host=tower.swahilie.net [192.168.0.5]

Both log entries are from *one* successful login.  While I am in this
*successful session* every time I load the --compose.php3-- the log entries
above repeat without fail.  What happened is my passwords were longer than 7
char's.  horde/imp doesn't seem to handle any passwords above seven (7)
characters  -or-  I haven't run across this setting yet.

Needless to say; once I drop our passwords down to seven characters or less
the "Login Failures" cease to exist.
I now wonder why horde/imp let the *initial* login take place if any type of
error was being issued.

I'm still getting those "page can not be displayed" pages....  perhaps I'll
stumble on that in the next year or so.