[imp] Downloading Whole Folders

Nick Silberstein nick@darktwin.net
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 02:23:59 -0800 (PST)

> > I think this would be an excellent feature.  One thing I would ask
> > though, is the ability to have IMP prompt for your password before
> > allowing a bulk download of folder contents.
>
> Why?

Security, really. No substitute for locking ones terminal, but
still a nice feature to have, I think. It's along the same
lines of prompting for an old password before allowing a new
password to be set -- if one walks away from ones keyboard,
a download whole folders option would allow an individual to
download a large amount of mail for later perusal very easily.
Prompting for a password would help prevent this, and because
it would be a rarely used (but still very useful!) feature,
I don't think prompting for a password before allowing bulk
download of mail would be an undue burden on the user.

Ok, so I may be paranoid. =)

Nick

--
Nick Silberstein <nick@darktwin.net>