X-Originating-IP

Clive McDowell c.mcdowell@qub.ac.uk
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:39:24 +0000

Folks,

adding the line -

to header.txt causes the ip source header to be displayed in messages
generated using imp. The problem with this is that if a proxy cache
is used you get the cache address and not the client machine address.
I have heard it suggested that there is a variable called
HTTP_CLIENT_IP which will hold this information but using it instead
of REMOTE_ADDR does not work. Is there any way to get imp to add the
true client address rather than the cache address? I'm using horde
1.2.3/imp 2.2.3 with apache 1.3.14+php 4.0.4.

Regards,

Clive McDowell

Information Services
The Queen's University of Belfast