[imp] Benchmarking / Machine requirements

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:19:57 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Chris Crowley <ccrowley@tulane.edu> wrote:

> Not yet, I will have to look into it. Is maildir POP compatible? We
> have lots of users who still use POP, and no plans to force them to
> convert to IMAP. This is heterogeneous environment.

http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/ says "By popular request, a compatible
POP3 server is now included in the Courier-IMAP package, that uses the
same authentication modules. The POP3 server can only access the INBOX,
and cannot access any folders."

Hey, cool, I didn't know it had that.  :-)  But I'm sure there are other
POP3 servers that can do maildir... we'll have to provide POP3 here for
the same reasons you mentioned.

> Is there a good source for information on conversion from mbox to
> maildir?

Apparently http://www.qmail.org/ has scripts to do it; I'll be checking
that out as summer approaches.

--