[imp] WAP ?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:30:28 -0500

Quoting Fabrice Laborie <laborie@sbm.net.sa>:

> Second, I have to say that I was quite surprised to read (2.3.9 Is
> Sendmail required?)
> that it was required ( or ssmtp ) ...  rather than using something
> similar to perl SMTP modules
> for security reasons.

2.3 can use either sendmail or smtp.

> Finaly, here is my question...
> I went through the FAQ and rapidly through  the archive of the Mailing
> List but i did not find
> anything related to WAP.
> is anybody working on offering a WAP gateway to mail through IMP/Horde ?

No one is specifically working on it that I know of. It'd be neat to have,
though obviously it would be very stripped down compared to IMP. I've taken a
very brief look at phpwapmail, and I've done wap stuff for Turba, so I might
tackle it at some point. Help is always welcome, though.

(hey - WAP IMP == WIMP)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"My intuitive grasp of math often leads me astray." -Me