[imp] user mailboxes get empty using imp.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:31:54 -0500

Quoting Jesús Soler <jsoler@sbdconsultors.com>:

> I'm using IMP 2.2 , in SuSE Linux 6.4 with IMAP support (provided by
> pop3d, standard in suse for serving IMAP/ POP3/POP2).
> Everytime my users get their mail with IMP (through IMAP) , they don't
> see their messages anymore through pop3 (e.g.:) . The mail gets caught
> in their home, so they only can browse their mail through imp.
> Is there anyway to connect and retrieving mail message throught IMAP
> without deleting them?

This has nothing to do with IMP. You're probably using UW-imapd with the mbox
driver, which automatically moves mail to $HOME/mbox. You'll see this happen
when you use any IMAP client. Fix imapd, or use a popd that understands to look
for $HOME/mbox.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"My intuitive grasp of math often leads me astray." -Me