[imp] Session stays open many hours(!?)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 11:05:20 -0500

Quoting Theodore Hope <imp@iguana.internexo.co.cr>:

> I've just installed the latest stable horde/imp and am
> trying it out.  I left open an imp session last night,
> and when I came to the desk again today the session was
> still active.  In other words, I could read msgs as
> though I had recently logged on, but it had been about
> 14 hours since I touched that browser.

Sessions are controlled by phplib in IMP 2.2. You can set the lifetime of the
session (in local.inc), but after that, it's a matter of whether or not the
session is garbage collected (gc_probability). If this is a test system without
many people using it, the probability that sessions will be garbage collected
is rather low.

> I didn't manually configure any "timeout" values at all, and
> the "lib/horde.lib" file contains "$this->session_timeout = 300;".

That's still there? Doh. That's been deprecated since we switched to phplib in
2.2.

> The only thing I can think of is that I did start an imp session
> with the same mail user about an hour ago, but from another
> machine/browser.  (I wouldn't think that the phplib+imp session
> stuff would think the two browsers were the same person, since
> it's unique cookie-based, right?)

Yes.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"My intuitive grasp of math often leads me astray." -Me