Apache lockup with PHP/IMP

Jan Kuipers jrkuipers@lauwerscollege.nl
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 20:20:39 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I'm experiencing the following problem: when I try to reply to a message in
which the body contains HTML, apache locks up. I.e. the concerning httpd
process consumes between 95 en 100% processortime. It is a PHP problem, because
the problem started a few weeks ago. I still have a PHP4 snapshot from apx. 3
weeks ago, which hasn't the problem. There are no problems with plain/text or
with attached HTML. B.t.w. I'm using the latest PHP because of the
authentications trouble with PHP-4.04 and IMAP. This seems to be solved in PHP-
4.05-dev. Does anyone know what's causing this problem?

Setup here: Apache_1.3.17/modssl, PHP4.05-dev, IMAP2000a, MySQL(latest), IMP-
2.2.5-cvs

Jan Kuipers
Systeembeheer Lauwers College