[imp] Just a note on IMP 2.3

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 00:50:44 -0500

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 10:42:14PM -0600, Brent J. Nordquist (bjn@horde.org) wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, hhoffman@r-u-i.com <hhoffman@r-u-i.com> wrote:
>
> >   Just thought I'd share with you that all of our users really liked
> > the "Expunge" of 2.2. The "Purge" just doesn't sound as strong to them ;-)
>
> We're taking votes for 2.5:

$lang->ex = array("Expunge","Purge","Empty Trash","Sync","Refresh","Flush");
$lang->expunge = $lang->ex[floor(rand(0, count($lang->ex)))];

or something like that. I'm too lazy to test it. :-)

Seriously, though, the terminology merited quite a bit of discussion a
while ago, and the reasoning was that while "Expunge" is the official
IMAP-jargon word, "Purge" sent fewer users running for their
dictionaries. (We use "Purge Deleted" even in 2.2 here.)

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services