[imp] simple one for the wishlist

bill parducci bill@parducci.net
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:03:07 -0800 (PST)

> You're right. Perhaps I don't understand why you're asking this on the
> IMP mailing list.

given your helpful responses i am beginning to wonder as well. maybe you
should ask chuck for some social etiquette lessons. granted the initial idea has
holes, which is why i posted it to the mailing list and not as an enhancement
request on bugzilla. sorry, but i thought this forum was to encourage discussion
on the imp product.

now, instead of petty barbs, would care to respond to the remainder of the note?
i think that the idea is valid: providing a way for others to add dynamic,
customized information is a good idea in my opinion. the modular nature of imp
is great for development, but only if you are familiar with the code. it would
be quite beneficical if there was a way to add something to the product -- even
if rudamentary, as i have suggested -- that did not have to be recoded into the
product every time there was an upgrade.