problem creating a connection

Dwight Lee dwight@fontanus.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:20:29 -0500

Hi all,

Another question from an Imp newbie that would love to make this thing
work...;)

So it looks like I've got imp installed.  The horde/test.php seems to be all
green except for postgresql support which i do not need.

I can get the login screen, but when I enter my information...username,
password, server, etc... and hit the login button, it simply returns:

 "Login failed for some reason. Most likely your username or password was
entered incorrectly."
and the login prompt again.

Here's some additional information:
It returns this very quickly...almost intantaneously.  I suspected it didn't
even bother making a connection, so I did some investigating...

At first I thought it might be the fact that the mail server is on the other
side of a firewall.  So I checked the logs, nothing from the firewall or the
mail server indicating an attempted connection.  Just to make sure, I set up
a quick and dirty mail server inside the firewall and again, nothing...not
even any indication of an attempted connection.  So I think I've ruled out
the firewall, which leads me back to Horde/IMP.

I reinstalled Horde/IMP this morning from a fresh cvs checkout and it didn't
help.  My question is, where should I be focusing my troubleshooting?  Does
this sound like a Horde/IMP problem or can it be a problem with
apache/php4/mod_ssl, or c-client (2000c)?

Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Dwight Lee
Fontanus, Inc.

Phone:  201-239-7770 ext. 101
Mobile: 718-930-7644