[imp] simple one for the wishlist

Eugene Miretsky eugene@invision.net
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:47:27 -0500

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting bill parducci <bill@parducci.net>:
>
> > upon further examination a better solution would be to generalize the idea
> > somewhat further: perhaps creating a 'placeholder variable' in that location
> > that allows an admin to create a modular, customized function would work. for
> > instance create a dummy include file called 'custom.inc' (<?$custom_var="";?)
> > that is called from the header page (or wherever the source is). this would
> > allow those of who would like to add personalized dynamic information to the
> > app to be able to do so (at least in a limited sense) without having to
> > reverse engineer the app with each significant upgrade.
>
> Does anyone else have a need for this?

It would be helpfull.  However I don't think it would solve the problem of
adding dynamic content.  Afterall, you might want to add dynamic content in
the footer, or in any of the frames IMP uses.

When my clients needed similar ability, I simply wrapped imp in another frame
letting my clients do whatever they want with top frame.

Just my 2c.

--
  Eugene Miretskiy <eugene@invision.net>
  InVision.com, INC.  (631) 543-1000