[imp] creating folders

Keith A. Chayer kchayer@bbcnet.edu
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 14:54:04 -0600

Quoting Paul Juliano <paul@edsamail.com.ph>:

> Quoting Jan Johansson <j2@mupp.net>:
>
> > > What exactly do I need to change so that I can create top-level folders
> > besides INBOX?
> >
> > Are you by any chance accessing your server via POP and not IMAP? If it
> is
> > POP, you cannot use folders.
>
> I am accessing my server via IMAP.  I've installed Courier-IMAP to provide
> IMAP
> access for my Maildir mailbox.  As I have said before, I can create
> sub-folders
> under INBOX, but I can't create any top-level folders.  It always says
> 'invalid
> mailbox name'.

That's just the way Courier works.  Like Cyrus, user folders simply are
subfolders of the INBOX.  If you set the folder prefix to "INBOX.", that
distinction will be transparent, though.

..Keith

Keith A. Chayer                                         Baptist Bible College
Network Technician                                         Springfield, MO
           .--.
 ::\`--._,'.::.`._.--'/::      "Ready?  For 800 years have I trained Jedi.
 ::::.  ` __::__ '  .::::      My own council will I keep on who is ready."