IMP attachment upload trouble

Niek Bergboer niek@kaidaw.student.utwente.nl
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:19:08 +0100

Hi,

When I compose a message with IMP and attach a file, I get the following error
when i hit 'attach':

Warning: Unable to open '/tmp/phpNqo8C5' for reading: No such file or directory in
/usr/local/www/data/horde/imp/compose.php3 on line 916

It seems that the filename under which IMP expects to find the uploaded file
is not valid. (Line 916 copies the file in question to some other file)

I've got the following configuration:

IMP 2.2.4
Horde 1.2.4 (with builtin phplib)
PHP 3.0.18 (--with-mysql --with-imap)
MySQL 3.23.32
IMAP-UW-4.8
Apache 1.3.14 w/ MOD_SSL

The system runs FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE. A reason might be that FreeBSD uses a mkstemp system call to create temp. files in a secure way while most other unices (notably Linux) use mktemp. I might be that some function interface is different there.

Has anyone got any experience with this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Niek Bergboer
System Administartor SCE
Faculty of Applied Physics